Friday, September 13, 2013

FALL DECORATING FOR THE HOME

Even though the temperature out side does not show it (90 degrees), summer is quickly drawing to an end and fall is fast approaching.  We just returned from a two week trip to see our family and friends in Washington state. It's hard to believe we're almost to the middle of September already - seems like summer just flew by !

I love fall and all the vibrant colors that come with the change of season.  Autumn is a great time to bring the red, yellows, brown and orange colors into your home along with elements from nature like pumpkins, gourds, leaves, branches and pine cones.  I did just that yesterday.  Here is a little sneak peak of what I did.

Starting in the dining room.  


I used one of the burlap table runners I made for rehearsal dinner.  I then made a floral arrangement using flowers also left over from the rehearsal dinner.  To give it a touch of fall, I simply wrapped it with some orange fabric.
The pine cone candle holders are a new purchase using a gift card at Hobby Lobby.  They were in the Christmas section @ 40 % off, making them only $ 3.49 each.  I found almost the same ones in my new  Ballard designs magazine for $59 for a set of three.  I was pretty happy with my thrifty find.

Next to the Hooseir cabinet, I made up a fall floral display using my husband's grandmother's coffee pot for the base.


I brought in natural elements using branches and leaves.  I also added a display at the base of the pot using gourds, pumpkins, and corn.



In the Hoosier, I placed a Thankful plate purchased from Wal Mart for $3 along with some corn and a few leaves.

A few clay pumpkins were added to my desktop.




Moving on to the living room, I replaced the summer flowers in the bookshelf display nook with a fall arrangement.



On the coffee table, I removed the summer accents and added a fall stem along with fall votive candles.



On the cedar chest, I began by placing a piece of yellow tulle as a base.  I then began layering it with pumpkins, leaves, a vine of fall beads and lastly added some cute little pine cones that I collected on our trip to Washington.



On the side tables, I placed a candle arrangement. Not only do the candles add a touch of fall visually, but also give the room a lovely spice smell - a smell you acquaint with the fall season.


Have you decorated your home for fall yet?


                                       *** Joy ***
 I'm linking to -

1 comment:

  1. Every vignette looks beautiful Joy, I've been doing the same thing...cooler temps have hit here in Pa. actually had to wear a jacket last night:0

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails