Monday, August 19, 2013

USE FOR MASON JARS BEYOND CANNING

Canning season is in full bloom, with our garden producing abundantly means it's time to be putting up the produce for winter by canning.  Even as a child I was expected to help in the canning season.  As children, we helped pick the produce, snipped off bean ends, helped husk and cut corn off the cob.

While working on caning my beans this week, I thought about how the mason jars have taken on so many more uses over the years other than just jars for canned goods.   Today I thought it would be fun to share some of the uses for mason jars that I've done myself.

 Two zinc lid pint jars displayed in a small wire basket in our dining room.

Candle light
in our master bedroom




 Display sea shell collection





Soap dispenser in the kitchen



Pen, pencils and crayon storage




 I've also stored pasta, dried peas and beans in the kitchen.  In the bathroom I've stored cotton balls and q-tips, and in the garage we've used mason jars for storing screws, nails, nuts and bolts.

On occasion I will display fresh flowers in a quart size mason jar wrapped with a little ribbon, twine or burlap.  I've also used them for table decor with parties.  They also work great to hold silverware at picnics.  The uses for mason jars is endless; and I love using them.
 

 Some of my home canned goods in mason jars.




 
 Do you use mason jars other than for canning home goods?

1 comment:

  1. Those little blue jars can be used for so much. Nice...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails