Saturday, January 5, 2013

LIFE CHANGING NEWS

Happy New Year everyone!   
I wanted to pop in quickly and let you know that I haven't forgotten about you completely.  There are many changes taking place here at Thrifty Parsonage Living.  In fact we have taken on a HUGE life changing project.


 My husband has had several inquires over the past months and now has received a call to serve as pastor to another church.
This new position  means we will be moving!  It's life changing in the fact that this has been our home for 16 years.  We'll be leaving church family and four of our five children and grandchildren behind.  We'll also be leaving the beautiful mountains and ocean in exchange for the vast and wide prairies. The move will  involve almost 2000 miles of travel.



We've already started the major packing process because of all the work involved. We will be very busy over the next weeks packing and saying our tearful farewells.  I'm asking for a little help from you my blogging friends.  No, I'm not asking you to come and pack boxes, but rather if any of you are willing to write a guest post for this blog. I would greatly appreciate the help.

I ask that the post would be related to makeovers, DIY'S, things dealing with being thrifty, a great craft project or projects for your home.  You can just send me an email if your interested and I'll get back to you on the details.
 thriftyparsonageliving (at) gmail (dot) com

This is how my newly made over office is looking.  I'm sad to leave it behind after just making it over.



I'm hoping to keep you up to date on our progress and the move.  I'll also have a lot rooms and projects to share with you in the " new"  parsonage.  The "new" parsonage is actually a home of 50 plus years, but recent renovations make it very lovely. 

Have a great day!

                                                                                            Joy

6 comments:

  1. Will miss your posts as you pack and move!! do we get a hit where you are moving too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big move that will be for you and your family - both physically and emotionally. I just looked back at your previous posts and love your bay leaf Christmas tree. Congrats on having some of your projects featured in the online Redbook magazine. I'm afraid I don't have any projects in the near future so I'm not much good for a guest post, but good luck on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw the truck I knew you were moving...good luck to you and prayers are being said for you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy,

    I totally understand what you are going through....as a pastor's wife, we have moved several times (includes one overseas move). It is such a "bitter-sweet" feeling.

    I wondered if you were moving as I follow you on Pinterest and saw you had pinned several moving posts....welcome to the world wide web!

    Praying for you during the transition and it'll be nice to see your new parsonage soon.

    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a change! Good luck with everything and God bless.
    If you would like any of my previous posts that you liked as guest posts feel free to let me know and I'll get the html for you!

    Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 years ago, God moved us after 15 years in one church - we too, left our children and grandchildren behind, but thankfully we are only 3 hrs away now - not 2000 miles! God bless you!
    P.s. I have a daughter named Joy. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails