Wednesday, March 21, 2012

LAUNDRY ROOM MAKEOVER {part 1}

I have so many projects going on here at the parsonage. I've been busy doing some spring house cleaning and cleaning/purging in our storage room.  At the same, time I've switched gears from painting the kitchen to painting the laundry room.  The switch came about because of this ....


photo source - Ace Hardware

Ace had a promotional for their paint two weeks ago.  If you brought a coupon into the store, you'd receive a free quart of paint.  You know how I love a good deal; and you can't beat free. You could even pick a paint color of your choice available in the store.  Since my laundry room is very small, I knew it would be the ideal place to use this paint.

Here's how the room has looked for the past 10 + years.




Light house and beach theme wallpaper border with a blue glazed wall below the border. 

I had my work cut out for me!

First - removal of the wallpaper border.

 Why is it that the paper always wants to separate from the vinyl and leave the paper adhered to the wall?

But here's a tip - Place a small amount of fabric softener in a spray bottle and add warm water.  Spray the paper remaining on the wall with this solution allowing it to sit for a few minutes, and then peel the paper off with a putty knife. It works like a charm!


After the wallpaper was removed and walls wiped down, it was time to let the painting begin!


This project isn't finished yet even though I've spent three days working on it.  I've been working on a little surprise that's time consuming but well worth it when you finally have the finished project.  I'll be sharing this surprise project with you in my next post. Have a great day!
 

(I haven't been compensated or asked to promote the paint products on this page.)

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to your finished room. It's so refreshing making new changes. It just gives new life to your home. Have fun, I'll be watching for your next post. Your devoted follower, Connie ... When your project is done and you have time to visit, come on by, my welcome mat is always out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lucky Joy, at least you have a laundry room, mines in the garage! Which is good since they were in the basement! lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails