Friday, September 23, 2011

USING TOUCHES OF NATURE TO DECORATE

While driving the countryside this past week, I was in awe of the beauty of God's handy work all around me especially with the change in seasons and all the vibrant colors.  After seeing such beauty, I decided to bring a few touches of it into my home.  Of course, we all may bring in leaves or nuts, but I found some other beauties to bring in.

ROSE HIP/ ROSE SEED PODS

 These pods are such a vibrant orange and red, the perfect color for FALL !

 I used them along with my $1 garage sale find from this summer.




If you're inspired by these beauties, you could achieve the same look by using candles you already have or dollar store candles.  To finish the look off, place them on a tray or plate and add the rose pods.
 
A little note of caution : I don't know if these pods are poisonous, so please keep that in mind if you have small children in your home.  Treat them as if they were poisonous by keeping them out of reach of young children just as you would other poisonous house plants, bulbs and seeds. 

Have a great weekend !

2 comments:

  1. The rose hips look great on your table and as you say are the perfect orangey-red for fall. They are not poisonous and in fact are loaded with Vitamin C. There are thorns on most rose branches, though, which is a greater danger.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails