Tuesday, March 15, 2011

BURLAP COVERED TOPIARY

Spring is in the air, and I've been adding a few more things around the house to reflect the change of season.

While browsing recently at Pottery Barn, I spotted some very cute plants including this
Live Ivy Topiary.

You can view a photo of it here at
Pottery Barn.



I thought the plant was so cute with its pot covered in burlap and tied with a ribbon!
The price tag for this plant is $69 dollars.
 $69 dollars is not in my budget, so I decided to make my own version.
I already had everything I needed in the house.
Ribbon
(Bought last summer on clearance .25 cents.)
Topiary
(Bought at a garage sale a few years ago for $1.00)
Burlap coffee bag
(Bought at the farmers market last summer for .99 cents.)

Here's my version!



So what do you think of my knock off decor?

It's not a live plant like Pottery Barn (which I love), but house plants don't do well under my care, so this is a better solution for me. 

The theme this week over at the CSI project is Burlap, I'll be lining this post and joining the party. Come on over and join the fun!

Visit thecsiproject.com




I'm linking to...


Get Your Craft On - Today's Creative Blog 
Blue Cricket Design - Show and Tell  
Elements Interiors - Whassup Wednesday 
Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special 
HOGUndertheTableandDreaming

11 comments:

  1. Very nice, love the burlap covering!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute project! I love for you link up to my Terrific Under Ten party today or any Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plants don't do well under my care as well - in fact they typically die...quickly. Thanks so much for sharing at my Swing into Spring party. Love the burlap covering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love this knock off-super cute and I agree with the faux greenery-I'm now a follower-come over to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, you nailed it!! Just gorgeous!! I love your blog! Hope you'll stop by and visit me soon at http://shabby-chic-charming.blogspot.com

    ~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your topiary was featured on my blog today! Come grab an I'm featured button!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job knocking off PB! Isn't it ridiculous what they charge for these things? I knocked off Ballard Design's topiaries that cost $49 each for $7 for the pair. I just can't imaging paying that much! Anyway, you did a fantastic job!
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. There's nothing wrong with fake greenery as long as you dust now then.This looks really good. I love knockoffs.
    Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping in from CSI ...

    Flat out awesome. Amazing knock off and love the price tag. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails